Highgate Vets are seeking a full-time RVN to join our excellent, supportive team who all genuinely get along well together.
The role is 39 hours per week in four days, helping towards a great work: life balance in the beautiful South Lakes. We do our own on call combined with another local clinic which currently means a 1 in 6 equal nurse share, with potential for a decrease in duties in the future.
We are able to welcome either a recently qualified or a more experienced RVN into our team of six vets, six RVNS, five receptionists and more. Our team of dedicated receptionists help to ensure minimal reception duties for RVNs, allowing you to spend more time with our lovely patients and clients. The role includes theatre, inpatient and clinic nursing with a mix of duties across the week.
We have a long-established main practice with a purpose-built branch surgery just a mile away. Our team rotate between the two with daily vet huddles, and integrated IT and phone systems to ensure that we work closely together. Staff dogs are allowed to come into work and are seen as part of the team.
What we can offer recently qualified nurses:
You can be part of the next intake of IVC Evidensia’s Nurse Academy, a year long training program with a blend of online taught modules, one to one support, BVNA Congress attendance, practical skills training and lots more! This boosts confidence, knowledge and skills to aid the transition from student to independent RVN. Completion of the academy also entitles the RVN to a progression bonus.
What we can offer experienced RVNs:
RVNs that have been registered for a year or more will gain a minimum annual salary of £24 000 pro rata, equating to £11.54/hour.
- A welcome bonus of up to £2000 is available for any RVN who joins the Highgate team this Spring/Summer.
- Four weeks holidays, plus Bank Holidays increasing with an annual loyalty bonus, plus Birthday Leave.
- £550 and 3 days paid CPD leave annually (pro rata) to support your progression in areas of interest and mutual benefit
- A wide range of cases where our multi-talented team tackle almost every problem in house.
- RCVS, BVNA and VDS fees paid by the practice
- Learning and development opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Free annual flu jabs and eye tests
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.